Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Day Before Four Days to Daylong

It's Sunday night and we are leaving in the morning for northern California to visit Russell Daylong seats. I bought one in January and although I have done a couple of 1000 mile days with it I believe it can be improved. I have an appointment on Friday to have the contour modified so we will take the long way there and do some sightseeing and camping. After our business is complete we will head south to my Dad's house for the Father's Day weekend. On Monday we will start for home. Then on Thursday I must, I absolutely must, leave for Gerlach, Nevada for some ravioli. I am not sure where I will go once my craving for ravioli is satisfied.
After our Mississippi Blues trip I put a new tire and brake pads on the back of the bike and adjusted the valves. Then both the bike and the trailer received a good washing. Clothes were washed and repacked and we are ready to go. We want to stay in the mountains as much as possible but we do have to cross Nevada and will probably do so on Highway 50 which is called The World's Loneliest Highway. Hopefully it will not be as hot as crossing Mississippi was!

No comments:

Post a Comment